Thursday, September 29, 2011

These are my Confessions

Just when I thought I said all I could say, My chick on the side said she got one on the way (Usher 2004 anyone??)  That's not really my confession, I don't have a girl on the side or one on the way.  I definitely like men.

So get this, remember how I started the nursing program this semester? Or should I say, I was supposed to start the nursing program?  Yeah well that didn't exactly happen.  Well don't worry, don't worry, I will be starting in January but let me take you through the series of events that happened.  Although it is quite embarassing, its just too good to hold back.

August 16 I went to MCC for my orientation.  6 days left until I started the next 2 years of my life.  It was all about getting us excited to spend $1000 on books and letting us know we will need a good chiropractor as our backs will pretty much give out as we lug them around all semester.  They were all into "This is going to be the hardest 2 years of your life but you are going to love it! Oh, and not all of you will pass this semester. Hooray for the nursing program!"  I walked out of there feeling very overwhelmed and just wanted to crawl into a hole and never come out, that way I wouldn't have to go to school.  They told us we needed to take a drug test.  No biggie.  I just pee in a cup that's all, it's not like I do drugs or anything.  I did have to pass up a poppyseed muffin though, that was a bummer.  They gave us 48 hours to give them our bodily fluids, it was a random drug test.  So I go down there, drinking my water ready to leave my pee and get the heck out of there (who wants to sit around and chit chat to the people you just handed your pee to? I sure don't).  I go in to take the test, and nothing comes out.  Hmm, that's weird.  I usually don't have a problem peeing on demand, and sometimes I even pee when I don't mean to (remember when I wet the bed?).  So I shrugged my shoulders and the tech told me to sit in the lobby, drink more and let her know when I'm ready to pee.

................

2 hours and 3 urine tests later I walked out of there defeated.  No pee. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. I could not pee in that cup to save my life, and they are only allowed to give me 3 tries.  I wasn't able to supply the proper amount of urine in the 48 hours given, and when I went back to MCC with my tail between my legs begging them for another chance to take the test., they told me I would have to defer to next semester.  Rules are rules.  I pretty much just stared at them with my mouth gaping open.  Part of me wanted to slap them in the face and fall to the floor screaming "Wwwwhhhhhyyyyyy???", while the other half just wanted to show up to class anyway and see if they would notice.  Instead I went home and crawled into my hole I call my bedroom and never came out.  Actually I came out about an hour later when I needed to feed Mr. Man, but those are just tiny details.

All in all, it has been a huge blessing.  I have loved staying home with Jude these extra months and I will be so ready to start school fresh in January.  I have been drinking a ton of water and I'm not going to pee until that drug test.  Just kidding, who would really be able to do that? But seriously, the Lord knows what He is doing and even though He works in mysterious ways I am grateful that He has a plan just for me.

So yes, this was my confession.  I didn't start school. I know, I'm totally lame.

3 comments:

Tanner ♥ Chaya said...

I know you don't really know me, but I graduated the same year as Erik. But I know exactly what you are going through. I was doing my pre recs for nursing school and only had micro left to do and then I could apply. I took the class and ended up failing for some reason. I've never failed a class before. It put me back another semester. I was so angry. But then I found the Banner Fellows program where they pay for your school and give you a job afterwards. It just so happened that 4 other girls I knew and went to high school with (Ashley, Mallory, April, Sara)(I think you know some of them) also got into this program. I couldn't have made it through nursing school without them. I know it was a blessing in disguise that I failed that class so I could find that program and get to go to school with them. So maybe not being able to pee is the Lords sign of telling you that it will be better in January!! Good luck with school! Like they did say, it was the hardest thing I've had to do, but it was also so much fun and so worth it. I still have all my books to if you don't want to spend that 1000 dollars on them.

Treasure said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Treasure said...

First of all you are not totally lame!! You are totally awesome!! I have to admit I was sad when you weren't there on the first day. Our Father in Heaven really does know what's best for us. Sometimes he just has to take drastic measures (like your pee-er not working) to help us get things right. :) Timing is everything when commiting 2 years. His timing always works out better than ours! I glad you get a little extra time with you little man!! It's worked out good for me that my baby is older. Still hard to leave her but she us doing great! Enjoy your next few months of freedom and I'm excited to see you in the nursing building in your cute scrubs in January!!!

Treasure :)