Saturday, July 28, 2012

This summer has seriously flown by (I just had to look up the word "flown" in the dictionary to make sure it was a real word.  I say it all the time, but in written text it looked funny.  That's why I'm not majoring in English).  Amidst all of the school and work Erik and I have been through we have managed to have a pretty good summer.  We took a trip to Newport Beach back in June, and even though it was the typical "June Gloom" for California residents, it was amazing to get out of the 110 degree heat.  



Erik and I have a list of things we do when we go to Newport and Huntington Beach, and we hardly ever stray from it.  Our families took a trip to the beach together 4 years ago and did the exact same things, and because that is where our love story began we love doing the same things and spending time in the same places we did back then.  And now we could bring Jude along and tell him things like "See honey, this is where daddy gave mommy his sunglasses to wear because she didn't have any, but really it was just an excuse for him to see her again to get them back", and cue the laughter from us thinking of how funny and ridiculous we were at flirting and dating, and how we are glad we never have to go back there.  But we wouldn't trade any of those funny or ridiculous times, because now we get to share them with Jude.

We love to spend the two dollars and fifty cents each way on the Balboa Ferry, just to get to Balboa Island to get the famous Balboa Bar (say that sentence ten times fast).  It is an absolute must.  And just like his parents, Jude loved it.

(I had to hold on to his pants in this bottom picture, he kept trying to throw himself overboard, almost gave me a heart attack!)


We ride bikes all day long, all over the place.  At first the trailer seemed like a bit much but Jude seemed to love it...

...and after he fell asleep we knew it was well worth it.






It is common knowledge in our circle of family and friends that Erik beats to the rhythm of his own drum.  He always has, always will.  And while some people may not be able to handle this uniqueness very well, it is a trait that I happen to enjoy.  It is one of the first things that drew me to him.  He knows exactly who he is and has no shame in showing it.  And when I say no shame, I mean no shame.  For the most part that applies to the clothes he wears, or in the case of this trip, doesn't wear (like these amazing shorts).  But what can I say? I think he's pretty hot in them, and they are even shorter than mine!


According to Erik, we make one "fedorable" family.






Please enjoy Jude's face.  We first thought the girl that was taking our picture was laughing at Erik's shorts when she took it, but after looking at this picture we realized we were way off.  Jude happens to make the funniest faces out of nowhere and we were lucky enough to catch this one in a picture.  My little family could not make me any happier.  I will take a husband with short shorts and a baby boy with almond eyes any day because these two help me become such a better person in life.

Cheers to tradition and making memories!

No comments: