Sunday, January 3, 2010

Some catching up to do.

I am so sorry it has taken me so long to update, it was a busy Christmas!
First: we bought our first Christmas tree!  Erik and I promised each other for the rest of our lives we would buy a real tree.  We love the smell in our house, they are simply the best!  So we set out to the Home Depot and bought ourselves our first Douglas Fir.  Because he was our own now, we had to name him.  Without a name he wouldn't be part of the family.  So, we thought it appropriate to name him.....Douglas.  Oh how we loved him.

We came home and decorated him right away (we didn't want him to feel naked).  And of course, we had to start the tradition our first year of Erik putting the star on the tree.

Our finished project.  Doesn't he look so cute?

Christmas came and we had so much fun! "Santa" even ate the cookies I left out for him.  Although I'm curious as to why Erik came to bed with crumbs on his face?..... There were definitely some surprises under the tree for both of us.  This is the look on Erik's face when he opened the new snowboarding jacket I got for him.  He wanted it so bad and he had no idea I got it for him.

Erik bought me a whole snowboarding outfit!  Complete with pants, jacket, gloves and goggles.  I was so surprised I wanted to wear them all day.

The day after Christmas we went with my family to a cabin in Big Bear CA.  Erik and I went snowboarding, and Aubs met us there at noon.  We also went tubing where I broke my tailbone (no fun!), but I still have to steal those pics from my mom's camera so post on that coming soon!
Then for New Year's Eve we went to Mill Ave with some friends of ours.  Let me tell  you it was crazy! Mostly everyone was drunk and you had to be 21 to get in to alot of things.  So we basically walked around and tried not to get beer spilled all over us.



This was us a few minutes before midnight.  All of that fuzzy stuff to the side are people.  There were people everywhere!

We hope you guys had fun on your New Year's Eve!
Happy 2010!

2 comments:

The Sorensens. said...

aww douglas was bea-utiful! :) glad you guys had a great christmas!! we should get together again sometime!

Unknown said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE you guys so much. Douglas?? How perfect is he?! Love you Amber girl!!