Sunday, January 3, 2010

01.02.09

One year ago yesterday I married my best friend.
It is crazy how fast time flies.  It feels like we have only been married for a few months, and this weekend we celebrated our one year anniversary.
The summer we spent falling in love I was convinced I could never love him more than I did then.  A year later I have proven myself wrong. 
He keeps me laughing everyday.  My love continually grows for him.
About 2 months ago I told him I wanted to go to Gold Canyon (the resort we stayed at on our honeymoon).  He told me he would look in to it.  I reminded him a few days later after he still had not called.  Once he finally did call about a week or so later he told me they were all booked for that weekend.  To say the least I was quite angry.  I tried to come up with some other plans we could do but he kept telling me "he would take care of it".  In my mind I thought his procrastination would get the best of him and we wouldn't be doing anything at all.   Little did I know he had called and made reservations a few months before I even mentioned anything!  He even managed to get the same room we stayed in a year ago!  Erik surprises me everyday.  I don't know why he did but I'm glad he picked me.
Erik Payne and Amber Payne in Mesa, AZ


P.S.
Does this picture look familiar?
The Paynes 2010


The Paynes 2009


Happy Anniversary to us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww Congratulations!

The Neels said...

I thought I was your best friend? haha. You have definitely had a good year. I'm so glad you still love him. haha

Dana Woodbury said...

Happy anniversary, you two! I can't believe it's been a year! Good thing I set you guys up ;)