Sunday, March 28, 2010

Happy 23rd Birthday!

Last Thursday was Erik's 23rd Birthday! It started out by me waking up at 4:45 that morning to make him his favorite breakfast in the world: French Toast! He wakes up at 5 am to go to work, so I wanted to make sure I had breakfast ready when he woke up.  So when he walked out of the bedroom in the morning the first sight he saw was this sign along with the wonderful smell of cinnamon french toast:



Because it was his birthday I gave him the choice as to when he could open his presents, later on in the day or at 5 am.  Of course, he chose 5 am.  So i busted out the presents and he ripped them open in about 5 minutes.  I just got him a few shirts that he wanted, and then this pair of Tom's shoes that he wanted to badly!  He was so excited when he opened them, he had no idea!


His favorite treat is anything cookies and cream or oreo. So I made him an oreo cake complete with oreos inside the cake.  We both devoured that thing, and when I say we both I mean mainly me.  But he did enjoy it.


This was his favorite part:
I was not able to make it home in time to make him dinner, so I made him his favorite meal (chicken and rice casserole) the night before so he could warm it up before he went to school. His birthday was full of his favorite things!


This is also my 3rd year in the Easter Pageant and as always I love it!  I am a wise ten virgin this year, and I am also one of the dancing mourning women in the Mary Magdalene scene.  This is one of my mourning women costumes (the other girls and I trade off colors every night), my ten virgin costume is the red one I have worn the past 2 years.


Erik has been so supportive as always.  I had a performance the night of his birthday and he did not complain once.  He goes to school every night so he does not make every single performance, but he comes to as many as he can and he has even ditched class once just to come see me.


I hope you all are enjoying your Easter season!

3 comments:

The Dark Family said...

so cute! You two are so divoted o eachother, I love it! I love those shoes... they totally scream his name! and you are ADORABLE in your pageant dress. So fun! Hope to see you soon!

Britney {Jesses Girl} said...

i've always wanted to be in the easter pageant...but i never have.

looks like you made erik's birthday special for him!! what a great wife! :)

Kat said...

yay for being married and making each others birthdays special!

it was so good to see you at the pageant the other night. I miss you and we need to catch up for real sometime soon.

love you!