Wednesday, May 12, 2010

shove it in and crank

Yesterday I went to my first doctor's appointment and guess what? I didn't dream it, I really am pregnant.  I was super nervous at first because I knew they were going to have to do a (in the proper way) "well woman exam", which I have never had before! I heard so many things like "take tylenol before you go!" and "it hurts so bad just try not to think about it", and my personal favorite "once you get past the thought that they just shove it in and crank you'll be just fine".  Let me tell you this much, people are babies because that was not that bad at all (even though my mom held my hand!).  I am also super excited because I get to have my first ultrasound tomorrow to find a more accurate due date because they weren't really sure how far a long I was.  They said that all we'll most likely see is a circle with a dot in the middle but I'm still excited to see our little embryo! Even though its possibly the size of a pea, it feels like an orange in there, especially when I sleep.  But right now my new craving is bagels. Bagels. Bagels. Bagels.  All I want is bagels. And more string cheese for me please. Hopefully we'll be able to tell how far a long I am tomorrow, and then we'll keep you guys posted.  Hope you're enjoying your Wednesday!

2 comments:

The Dark Family said...

oh my goodness! I can't even express to you how happy I am for you! AHHHHHHHH! Probably just as much as you are! haha

Kelsie said...

Ha ha ha! I'm sorry that everyone freaked you out so bad over your womanly exam. I was wicked nervous my first time too (but no one ever told me to take tylenol!!) It is uncomfortable for about 10 seconds but then it's over. Simple as that. I had to go yesterday and get mine done too and she went fast and then we did my ultrasound so it ended on a good note. Good luck tomorrow with your ultrasound!