Monday, February 14, 2011

Tulips

This weekend I took a new approach to my attitude, a new strategy.  I decided that the change starts with me, and that it was about time it began.  I welcomed Holland into my heart with songs and joy.  I opened my windows and doors, and let the Dutch air fill my home.  

My dad has a serious green thumb.  He can basically make anything grow.  I have always loved the garden of flowers he has provided in our home over the years, and I figured that was exactly what my home was needing.  I went to the store and was a little too giddy as I picked out a wonderful selection of tulips.  Holland is covered with tulips, and Holland is where I must be.





I put Jude Man on a blanket and let him enjoy the fresh air.  He seemed to really be enjoying himself, he even told me he wanted a pair of those wooden shoes. (Sorry, once again I was unable to switch the picture)




I was very happy with my finished product, I think Holland would be proud.


While Erik was taking a nap on Saturday afternoon, I decided to go for a drive with Jude Man and somehow we ended up at Fountain Hills.  


Him and I sat on a blanket for a while and he slept while I read a book.  It was extremely peaceful and it was hard for me to believe I was ever unhappy with my Holland.  An old couple came by and gave me about half a loaf of bread, and I fed the ducks and pretended Jude Man was laughing at me.  


I promise he had a lot more fun than what this picture lets on, he is just a man of many faces.


Things are still hard, nothing is perfect.  But with the help of Erik and the Jude Man I am getting better, and falling in love with this face:

4 comments:

Karson said...

Once again you cease to amaze me. You are taking what Heavenly Father has given you and you are finding joy in it. Holland is indeed a very beautiful place.

Morgs said...

Amber, he is so precious. You inspire me to look at the bright side of things. You and your husband are obviously very special people-to be trusted with a little boy just like heaven.

Pallets and Pearls said...

Can I be like you someday??? :) You are so optimisitic about everything. Your blog is awesome and I love to read how you are growing and learning everyday from having a sweet little boy like Jude in your life. I love that story your shared about Holland...so true about a lot of things in life. Thanks for sharing!

erin said...

Amber I am making plans for a trip and want so much to meet you and get to see Jude :) I do not drive and will be staying here in Fountain Hills, could we try to have you come there again?