Tuesday, March 1, 2011

15 Things

I was recently tagged by my wonderful friend Janell (Read her blog here. She lives in New York and she's amazing). I am supposed to tell you 15 things about myself that you probably didn't know before. Here it goes:

(this actually took me a long time to try and figure out 15 different things about myself!)

1) The movie "Mamma Mia" is what made me decide to marry Erik.  We only dated for 2 months before we got engaged.  That was the same 2 months right after I graduated from high school.  I knew I wanted to marry him, I just wasn't sure if I wanted to right then.  I had a freak moment where one day I told him I needed space to think things over.  Little did I know he had already asked my dad's permission and had the ring in his pocket.  My mom and sister took me out for a girls night which included ice cream, pedicures, and Mamma Mia.  My life was changed.  After seeing that movie I knew I didn't want to end up like Meryl Streep's character, 20 years later and still in love with the same man.  We got engaged the next day.  To this day it is still my #1 favorite movie.

2) I am deathly afraid of heights.  My legs buckle when I'm anywhere high and I think I'm going crashing to the floor.  I usually get dizzy and sometimes I'm close to passing out.  The first and only time I went on the ferris wheel at California Adventure I remember hitting the floor while hyperventilating and my dad had to pick me up and hold me in his arms the rest of the ride while I sobbed in his arms.  I was 15 years old.

3) I am a closet "Lord of the Rings" fan.  Okay, not really much of a closet lover, it's pretty out in the open.  I have the extended edition of all 3 movies and I watch them back to back probably once a month.

4) I pick the meat out of my spaghetti.  I only like meat in certain circumstances: cheesburgers,...and that's about it. 

5) I'm a little OCD about turning in circles.  I feel too wound up and I have to turn back the other way.  It's weird.

6) I once had braces.

7) I hate pumping gas.  Hate it.  Among some other things I hate: shaving my legs, blow drying my hair, doing the dishes, washing my car, and I could keep going.  But I know this isn't "15 things Amber hates doing".

8) I love to read.  I would read all day long if I could.

9)  I will ALWAYS crawl in to my car through my passenger door if I parked next to a van. I have heard too many horror stories about people getting kidnapped that way and I am super paranoid that it is going to happen to me.

10)  I used to play the piano.  I wish I still did.  I got too busy in junior high and had to give something up and that is what I chose.  Sometimes I'll sit down and plunk out a few notes just to remember the good ol' days, but then it just gets depressing.  Someday I'll play again.

11) I have a weird memory.  I can remember what people were wearing, where we were, what the weather was like, if there was music on in the background and other random things about certain occasions in my life.

12) My first "boyfriend" was Blake Chiles in the 7th grade and we went out for 2 whole weeks.

13) I love anything pasta. Well maybe not anything, but mostly everything.  My favorite is either raviolli or tortellini.  Either way they are both stuffed with cheese which I love.

14) I have a tv in my living room, but we don't have cable and we don't watch movies on it.  It's mainly there as a prop.

15) I used to get strep throat about 4-5 times a year, but I never had my tonsils removed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok the Ferris Wheel at California Adventures is so not safe! I like ferris wheels, but that one swings and is so tall and next to water!