Thursday, May 24, 2012

Catch up


Oh, hey there.  Because I am getting close to 6 months without blogging, I figured I better hurry and get on this quick. I would hate to hit half a year without saying anything! At first I was feeling really bad about leaving you in the dark about Jude's birthday.  Then I started to find it a little funny.  I only have a few pictures from his big Cowboy Day, but seeing as he is almost a year and a half now I think I have more pictures to make up for it.


His cake that I made.  He took two bites and I ended up eating the rest of it.








We had food, games and a Rootin'-Tootin' good time!  Jude had no idea what was happening the whole time, and he ended up taking a nap halfway through.  He wasn't much a fan of his cake, I think the frosting was too much on his little tummy.  In the end I think everyone had a good time, and the first birthday is more for the mamas anyway.  So I say, success!






So now where do we go? Do I try and recap the last 6 months of our lives? Hello snooze fest.  Instead  I'm giving it to you shorthand. I started the nursing program (Finally!) in January.  I nailed my pee test.  I dominated it like nobody's business.  I supplied enough pee for my whole class and their grandma's.  Fast forward, I finished about two weeks ago.  I passed my first semester and its off to Block 2 I go.  No more wiping old men's butts anymore, that is all in the past.  As for Erik, he is still kicking butt and taking names at ASU.  Seeing him finish his Chemistry 2, Chemistry in Society, and Cellular and Molecular Biology was beyond dreamy.  Like really, total dream boat.


And then there's Jude.  Seriously what am I going to do with him? He has made my life as a mama so much more than I ever thought it would be.  I can never get enough of him, he fills a spot in my heart that only he is capable of filling.  He has taught me so many lessons in life.  Lessons of love, compassion, and forgiveness.  I know he was sent to me because I need extra help in this life and I feel like he is doing his job great so far.  Just his smile melts my heart and makes me want to be a better person.  This is the part where I open my arms and sing Bette Midler's "Wind beneath My Wings" like Cory Matthews on Boy Meets World (anyone?? anyone??). For now, you get a plethora of pictures of Jude, because he is just that cute.












Here's to a great summer, cheers!

5 comments:

The Dark Family said...

Oh my goodness! You guys are seriously the cutest little family! I LOVE all those pictures of him!!!

The Sorensens. said...

Too many cute pictures!! I have a few pictures of you & Jude from his Bday... I will send them to you!

Curtis and Kristy Hofmann said...

His smile is the best!

Dana Woodbury said...

Amber, I love you. You make me laugh like nobody's business. I'm glad to hear that things are going well with you and your cute little family :)

Barry and Karissa said...

So cute!! I love all of those pics. You guys seriously make me smile.