Thursday, April 30, 2009

So lately I have been longing for a little friend,
something to call MY own.
I was at Target with my mom looking for a curtain rod,
when I stumbled across this little creation.
Actually she stumbled across it, but it was the best thing that
could have ever happened to me at this time.
I call her,
Ms. Marigold.

She only cost $1, which made her
all the while so much better.
You see, I began to water her, made sure she had
sunlight, gave her a little ribbon,
and I even keep her on the window sill next to my bed.
A few days went by, and I realized she was lonely,
and even she needed a friend.
So.....
This is when the Zinnias (left) and Sunflowers (right)
came in. Now they all sit and bask in the sunlight together,
while I enjoy my little plants, which are my substitute fish.
(If I bought a fish, I would probably kill it.)

Then, today as I was watering and admiring my plants,
waiting for the flowers to grow,
Erik came in to the bedroom and stubbed his toe on our
really cool new bed frame we got.
This is what his pinky toe is supposed to look like...


And this is what happened...



Usually, his pinky toe does not face outward.
For some reason, he dislocates his toe more
than anyone I know.
I was too busy trying to take a picture, there was not much
time for sympathy.
Thankfully he popped it back into place.
Bummer.




1 comment:

The Sorensens. said...

Love the plants..it is also my only vice - Justin will not allow even a fish! someday we will get a puppy...someday! and OUCH! that toe looks like it hurt so bad!