Saturday, December 12, 2009

Not So Silent Night In Oakland 2009

So my amazing Mom flew my brother and I up to her place in San Jose to go to a concert with her. "Not So Silent Night" is an annual concert up here with some top-notch performers. We got floor spots and squeezed our way to the front. We were hot and sweaty as a mofo but we had an amazing time. I got to see two of my all time favorite bands: MUSE and AFI plus some very good others. Also, some girl bit my arm because I was trying to break up their girl fight. Nice!

Me and my bro, Steve


Mi Madre


My favorite security guard, dubbed, "Dirty Santa"


That guy is way too tall for his own good

First band: "Vampire Weekend". They were whatever...


Seconds band: "30 Seconds To Mars."


Mars was great. They got up-close and personal. I miss his musk.


Third band: AFI


We had stellar spots. Davey's pants put off a great silver shine.


Last and definitely not least: MUSE!


Muse was SO good. Matt Bellamy is a grade A Stallion.


Pee break. Their set had very studly lighting effects...


and a studly white piano.


As part of Muse's Amazingness, they released big ol' balloons filled with confetti.


So rad...


I can't even describe how amazing Muse was. They're such a talented band and kick butt live performers. If you've not listened to them yet, please, check them out. As you can tell they're kind of like Lady Gaga, Josh Groban and Miley Cyrus.


Amazing bands, Dirty Santa, bitten arm, rainy weather, great night.
(Outside the show they were giving away a ton of new Monster flavors, so Im a little buzzed on energy drinks that's why the 4:00 am post and the 5,000 spelling errors.)

2 comments:

Brad Pitt said...

Wow Erik great post!

Anonymous said...

Amber you need to update your blog! :)