Thursday, August 12, 2010

18 weeks

I hit 18 weeks yesterday and I feel so much bigger than I look. I have taken a picture of my belly almost every week but I keep forgetting to post it, so I finally did! Here I am at 18 weeks:

My stomach is so pointy it seems.
Well if you haven't heard it yet, we're having a...............
BOY! Erik knew it the whole time.  Now we won't have to return any of the outfits that Erik has bought (and let me tell you they are all so cute!).  Here is a picture of the side view of his little face, you can see his profile so well:
And here is our baby boy in all of his glory.  In my opinion it looks like a hot dog, but that's just me. Don't worry, I put an arrow to help you all see:


I drank so much water before I went to make sure my bladder was full, and of course I was hungry so I just had to eat those 2 pieces of toast.  Well after about 20 minutes of poking and prodding, we still weren't able to get a clear shot of what it is.  So she had me go sit in the lobby and drink more water. And then I had to eat some crackers. And drink some juice. And drink even MORE water. By the end of the 30 minute wait I was pacing the waiting room afraid my bladder was going to explode any second.  Normally I go to the bathroom about every 20 minutes by only drinking a few cups of water.  By this point in the day I had already drank almost a gallon of water and I hadn't gone to the bathroom in over an hour and half.  I thought I was going to DIE! And if I didn't die I thought I was going to suffer some serious embarassment by wetting my pants in the waiting room (first the bed, then my pants???).  I could have kissed her when she called us back again.  She took another look, and there he was sharing his goodies with us.  We were so relieved!

We are both so excited about finding out its a boy! Of course I wanted a girl, but I am so excited. He is going to be my little man!

3 comments:

Britney {Jesses Girl} said...

yayyyy!

The Dark Family said...

I'm so happy for you both... sad that I found out later than the rest of our group... but that's ok. I know there's a lot of people to tell! :) Congrats! I'm so happy for you three! ;)

{love, mj.} said...

YAY!!!! i am SO excited for you! you are going to have so much fun with a boy! YAY!!!!