Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas

I have been waiting for this last weekend for a very long time now. And I'm sure you all know why......




Remember how I'm a nerd? And I read these books over and over again and never get tired of them? Oh yeah, me too.  I have been counting down the days until November 19th since I heard that was the release date.  And I'll just say this, I was not disappointed.  And I even cried at the end. But I'm not going to say any more than that.


Second: Yesterday Erik and I went with some friends of ours to cut down our own Christmas tree!  Erik and I have sworn for the rest of our lives we will get a real tree because we love them so much, so what better way than to go out and cut it down yourself?  So we loaded up early yesterday morning and set off for Cameron, just outside of Flagstaff.  We had the boys in one car and the girls in another which was full of lots of girl talk and singing to Christmas songs.  Erica and I traded off driving, and lets just say I have a lead foot just like my mom:

 (Actually my parent's speedometer is broken on their tahoe, I'm not that daring)


Erik and I had to search for a while until we found the perfect tree, the "Douglas" for this year.  After lots of searching, and many maybes, we finally found him.  So Erik grabbed the saw and got to work.



He's not as full as last year's Douglas, but we still love him.  We are so happy that we got him so soon, more time to enjoy him!


After we cut down our Christmas trees, we stopped by the local Indian stand for some Navajo Tacos.  They were soooo good! Mine just had beans and cheese so it wasn't as big as Erik's, which was massive.


Erica and Albert brought Ruby, and she was so much fun as always.  I love this picture of the two of them, and it just proves how Erik is going to be such a good dad.


And then I see this picture and all of my fears and anxieties and stresses are confirmed that I am going to be a terrible mother!  Maybe it will all change when it's your own child (I hope).
 (P.S.... like my earmuffs?)

And then I just had to add this picture because I thought the name was so funny.  It was a stocking hanging at the fireplace at the restaurant, and I thought the name "Delfred" was hilarious.  I couldn't get enough.
(Sorry if you know anybody named Delfred.....)

We hope you enjoyed your weekend, and as are excited about Christmas as we are!

1 comment:

John Skaggs said...

Nonsense, Amber you will be a terrific Mother as Erik will be a terrific just like how you think and know that Erik with be a great Dad. that is why Erik married you. I love the post and the excursion to get the christmas tree and seeing the super long hair of Erik....... The navejo taco looks delicious.... I am jealous!!!!!!