Monday, November 1, 2010

October's Events

***Warning: Picture Overload***

October has been such a fun month, its such a shame I haven't blogged about it until now.  Lucky you, you get it all in one big massive post!

October is breast cancer month and every year my family does the breast cancer walk in Phoenix.  My very special Grammy is in her 5th year of remission, so she is officially a SURVIVOR! She has fought so hard and we are so proud of her! We do all of his for her.  The whole family:



Erik and I after the walk. We nailed that 1 mile family fun walk.


The next week my mom, sisters and I went to Time Out For Women in Phoenix.  It was Friday night and all day Saturday so my wonderful dad got us a hotel room for the night so we made it a whole girls weekend! Even though I see these girls almost every day, we haven't had a whole trip like this in such a long time it was so great to be able to spend time with them.  This picture was taken right before my mom fell off the bed, many laughs and many wet pants (which weren't mine! It runs in the family I tell you!).


This year I also went back and cheered at the Mesa High homecoming game with all of the alumni.  Let me tell you this much, it is not as easy as it once was. 


It was so great getting to see all of the girls again, especially this girl!


My family goes to the state fair every year, mainly to watch the demolition derby.  I was so involved in the derby I forgot to take pictures.  But the day was full of indian fry bread, eating fudge, and watching Ruby cry petting the animals. 


This year my family decided to throw in a little competition with our pumpkin carving and we had a contest.  Erica won with her Dwight Schrute carving.  


Here's Erik and me with our pumpkins:


Mine, anxiously awaiting the arrival of Jude-Man


And Erik's, as always keeping up with what is going on in the world today


Erik and I (mainly Erik) planned a Halloween party on Friday with a bunch of our friends.  It turned out a lot better than expected and was a lot of fun! Here's us in our Halloween costumes. Me: Buddha.  Erik: it's a surprise. :)


Here's part of the group, the ones that were able to gather for the picture:


The party consisted of lots of games, throwing screw drivers at Jacob Black, and twister:


Erik worked so hard on his costume, and I thought it turned out so good! 10 points if you know who he is by this picture:


20 points if you know who he is by this hint:

Anyone get it???

Leave a comment if you know who he is!!


We hope you all had a good October and a Happy Halloween!!




1 comment:

John Skaggs said...

it is like simon garfunkle???? i regonize the picture.... Erik's is is super long..... Miss you guys....