Thursday, October 28, 2010

I'm pregnant, don't judge



Today I wore my slippers to Target.  Well it started with me wearing them at work, and then to Target.  Because I haven’t shaved in who knows how long and the weather is cooling down, I have taken a liking to wearing tights every day.  So I slipped on my favorite stretchy black dress that is oh so comfy and fits very nicely over the baby bump, and threw on my argyle tights (yesterday was hounds tooth day).  I thought I would try dressing things up and put on some red heels, and then quickly regretted it as I was walking into my office.  Those shoes are hardly bearable when I’m not pregnant.  Well lucky me, I’ve started bringing my slippers to work (it helps me believe that the weather is cold outside). I only wear them when my feet are under my desk, and anytime I get up I put whatever shoes I’m wearing that day back on. That way the boss will never know.

During my lunch break I decided to go down the street to Target to look at baby clothes and to find a shirt for my Halloween costume (which I’m not telling you what I’m going to be, you have to wait and see!).  I decided to take my slippers with me.  So for a whole 45 minutes I walked around Target in my “business attire”, and wearing my slippers.  I got many funny looks from people, but I just gave them a look right back that said “I’m pregnant, don’t judge”.

**Side note: I hit 29 weeks pregnant yesterday! Picture coming later of my ever growing belly**

3 comments:

The Dark Family said...

haha so stinkin cute! I can't wait until I can wear slippers into public and tell people not to judge me when I'm pregnant! haha. I loved this post!

The Neels said...

That was great. I'm so proud of you for wearing your slippers to Target. I need to buy some new slippers so I can wear them out too. You have finally reached HILARIOUS!!!

John Skaggs said...

target is a good place. Target people dont change????