Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I know it's a bit late, but the Christmas cheer has finally hit the Payne home! Erik and I have been so busy lately, but I finally found time to get our Christmas decorations up.
(Thank you Hobby Lobby 50% off aisle!):



Poor Douglas has been feeling so neglected since we cut him down and brought him home with us.  He has been sitting in our stand completely naked for the past few weeks.  A few days ago I finally strung some lights on him to make him sparkle, and tonight I put some ornaments on him so he didn't feel so bare.  Erik of course putting the star on:


This year, Erik decided to pick out an ornament that is as big as my head to hang on the tree. He was more excited about hanging this ornament than the star.


The finished product.  Not much, but he's ours!


On Sunday it was my 21st birthday!  Erik and I had planned to go to dinner just the two of us on Friday night to celebrate, but he fabricated this whole story about how our friend's power went out and we needed to go help him get into the attic...or something like that.  I don't remember it exactly, but I just went along with it.  When we got there, all of my sisters were there along with all of our friends waiting in the dark with a cake and balloons to surprise me!  I'm so bummed I didn't get any pictures, but it was such a blast and Erik has never let me down on my birthday.  My baby shower was then on Saturday and I got so many great gifts! Everything I was so worried about not getting I got, and I feel so spoiled.  My mom and sisters put so much hard work into the shower, it turned out great! I was too busy eating most of the time to take pictures, but hopefully I will be able to snag some pics from my mom and sisters. 

For my birthday, Erik got me this amazing watch:

Yes my friends it is made out of wood, and no you can not have it.  I was so excited because I have been needing a new watch desperately, and I have never seen one like it.  I mean come on, wood? Only Erik would be able to find something so amazing. 
Along with all of the other awesome gifts I got, my parents got me a vacuum! You know when you are old and married when you are so excited about getting a vacuum for your birthday. The one that I had bit the dust and it has been driving me nuts. Thank you mom and dad!


Another one of my birthday presents from Erik, besides the watch and getting his hair cut, was my maternity photo shoot.  Erik came along with no complaints, and he was so good about it the whole time.  They were taken by the amazing Lang Photographers (see their site here).  Here are just a few of my favorites:









We have been married for almost 2 years now (what?? where has the time gone?!) and they have been the most amazing 2 years of my life.  I have never been more in love with him than I am now.  We always talk about how when we got engaged we thought we would never be more in love than we were then, and when we got married we would never be more in love than on that day.  2 years later he still proves me wrong.  Every day I find new reasons why I am so happy I married him, and I'm always reminded of the old reasons.  To be completely honest things have been a little hard for me lately.  I know it is just the stresses and anxieties of what is coming next, and it is also 100% the adversary trying to pull me down and make me feel like I am not going to make it, and I'm not capable of handling things.  Erik has, once again, been proving me wrong every day.  He has been my rock, and has picked up the things that I have been slacking on.  Sorry to get all mushy-gushy, but I just love this man and I don't care who knows it!


2 comments:

Erica Ann said...

So cute. Your tree looks awesome and so do your decorations. (a little jealous you have a space of your own to decorate and you're not jammed in our old bedroom...haha)

pretty much my fave part of this post is the amount of dirt in that vacuum!

John Skaggs said...

I think that your tree is perfect for the space that you have. Erik was a wonderful missionary companion and you got one of the best.