Friday, December 31, 2010

My #1 Man

I am the 3rd of 4 girls.  The only boy in the house was my dad, until our dog Todd came along.  Growing up my dad was everything I ever wanted.  He was my knight in shining armor, he was my hero.  He spent many hours playing Pretty Pretty Princess, Barbies, and Polly Pockets with us.  He has endured many manicures, pedicures, and facials.  As embarassing as it may sound, we all know he secretly enjoyed it.  I didn't think I needed anything else, because I had my dad.  I remember the day I found out I couldn't marry him because he was already married to my mom (creepy? I was around 5, give me a break).  My whole life, he has been my #1 man. 


He has been there for me in so many ways.  He was at every dance concert, every softball game, every game I cheered at in high school.  He supported me with everything I did in Student Council.  He was a shoulder for me to cry on when boys were stupid, and he even threatened to beat them up for me if that's what I wanted.  He has been one of my best friends my whole life, and my #1 man.


I then graduated high school, and started dating this guy.


He enveloped everything I did.  I spent every day with him for 2 months quickly falling in love.  Everything I did, thought, and said revolved around him, and vice versa. 


We got engaged, and I knew that he would forever be my #1 man.  There was no one else that made me happier, and no one else I wanted to be with more.



He has been there for me through ups and downs, and has supported me through everything.  I didn't think I could feel more love for another human being than I do for this man, my #1 man.


When we found out we were pregnant, I was hoping for a girl.  But when the day of the ultra sound came and they said it was a boy I was secretly excited.  Terrified, but excited.  I only have sisters.  I don't know boys.  I don't know what you need to do to take care of them.  I do ribbons and bows, and I definitely don't know anything when it comes to their...you know.

And then they handed him to me.


In that moment I knew my whole world had been changed.  I had finally met my #1 man.  

I knew that I loved this boy in a different way than I have ever loved before.  He has so quickly become my whole world. 

He is the most perfect baby anyone could ever ask for.  He is so mellow, I have only heard him cry about 4 or 5 times.  He never wakes up during the night, I have to force him to wake up every 3 hours to eat.  Occasionally he'll wake up earlier when he's hungry, but even then he doesn't cry.  He just fusses a bit and I know he's hungry.  


He loves to snuggle, and will just curl right up to you when he lays on your chest.  He has the best looking hair out of any 2 week old I've ever seen, and it does that all on its own.

 
He will smile at you if you ask nicely.  Or if you sing his favorite song "Hey Jude".  He is the most precious baby I could have asked for.  He makes me happier than I have ever been.  Now I am most certain I know who my #1 man is, and there is no doubt it is my little Jude Man.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Amber,

I'm Nate Judds Mom and I've been hearing your sweet story from Nate and Kenzie. I know they love being friends with you and Eric. Your baby boy, Jude is the most handsome little baby I've ever seen!! He is one lucky little boy to have you and Eric as parents. I hope that this new year is full of much joy and happiness for all of you. Thanks so much for being such good friends to my kids!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww so sweet. His little smile is to die for!! :)

The Sorensens. said...

this is the sweetest post!

Pallets and Pearls said...

What a sweet baby! He is so lucky to have such a great mom!

John Skaggs said...

the most tender post. well said and well though out blog with recognize of life with your father to husband and to your true own of your son, Jude.....