Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My Replacement

I have always prided myself in the fact that Jude loves me most.  I let others believe that he loves them more, but really I know that him and I have a special connection.  I mean, I'm his mom.  I carried him in my womb.  I pushed him out for a long and grueling 20 minutes (just kidding. he really wasn't that hard to get out.  that was the easiest part of the whole labor-and-delivery experience).

But recently I have noticed a change in his behavior.  He has found a new best friend.  Someone he thinks is better than me.  I didn't think this day would come so soon.  But alas, it has.  I must get past my hatred for this new best friend and realize it is for the better of my child.  Under my breath I curse the name of my replacement, but I know I have to hold my tongue in front of Jude because I do not want to hurt him.  Jude's new best friend is named.....Daddy.


*Jude seems to think that Daddy is a better nap partner than I am (We don't take naps as much as it seems.  Well of course Jude does.  And Erik does sometimes because he leaves for work at 3:30 in the morning).  They even sleep the same:



Jude likes watching movies with Daddy more than me.  I think he has realized that no matter the chick flick, they are always going to end up together.


Jude even enjoys watching fireworks more with Daddy than he would with me.


Sigh.  I may have to pull out the big guns to get my Jude Man back.  Erik may have won this battle, but he will not win this war.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I noticed your husbands pillowcase is a t-shirt. MINE DOES THE SAME THING! It's hilarious! I love your little Jude. He melts my heart. I love the relationship between your baby boy and his daddy, there's nothing like it :]