Saturday, August 13, 2011

Listen up Ya'll

(Ya'll? I don't know where that came from.  I guess I'm digging down to my Texas roots.  Or maybe it was Alabama?)

The time has come and we are so excited for it! We have been preparing for a while now, and I am ready to extend the invitation for all of you to join us.  To what you may ask?....

To the Walk for Down Syndrome! Yay!
Saturday September 10
Tempe Diablo Stadium (2200 West Alameda Dr Tempe AZ 85282)

It is basically going to be just about the coolest thing you will do all of September.  I'm serious.  Registration along with a continental breakfast starts at 7:30 am (Yikes!), but guess what? If you register online for our team you won't have to be there until the walk starts at 9:30! Woohoo! I have made this really easy for you so there is no reason at all why you shouldn't join our team! Follow these easy steps:

1. Go here.

2. Fill in your information and click "I'm registering with an existing team"

3. Click on our team name which is..."THE JUDE LOVERS"!!!!!! (We tossed and turned for a while about a team name and we finally found this one.  We figured everyone who knows Jude loves him and we are all there to support him, thus The Jude Lovers was born.)

4. The End.

If that wasn't as easy as pie then there are some more serious issues we have to deal with.  While you're floating around on the website, if you would like to donate (hint hint) please click on the big red button that reads "Donate". It should be really easy to find, and it is really fast and easy to donate online.

We are also making shirts that will have our team name on it.  We will be charging a small fee and all of the proceeds will go to Sharing Down Syndrome Arizona.  We still don't know how much we are going to charge (still working out the details) but if you would like a shirt please email me at ae{dot}payne{at}hotmail{dot}com.  I will let you know the price as soon as we do!

Even if you guys can not make it, we would still appreciate donations.  You can donate directly to The Jude Lovers team by clicking here.

This truly means so much to Erik and I.  This year has been a whirlwind of emotions for the both of us and we finally feel like our feet are back on the ground.  We want to thank all of you out there who have supported us through all of this and most importantly supported Jude.  We will forever be grateful for the love he has received by family and friends.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.  Thank you!

And of course, I can't end without a picture:

I love my Jude Man.

No comments: