Wednesday, October 6, 2010

26 weeks

I had planned on posting a picture last week, I promise.  Things got a little crazy and before I knew it I'm at 26 weeks.  First I would like to say how grateful I am to have such an amazing family in my life.  My sister and brother and law, Erica and Albert, have been going through a hard time and have just suffered a great loss.  My heart reaches out to them, and I wish I could do so much more because words never feel like they are enough.  My sister has shown great strength, and I look up to her more than she knows.  She has always been the one that has had to endure what the rest of us know we could not.  She is such an amazing mother, wife, sister, daugther and friend, and any one who is blessed to know her would say the same.


I'm getting towards the end of my second trimester, and I am definitely feeling it.  It's amazing how I will read about other women who are pregnant and hardly have back pain or soreness, and go to the gym 3 times a week.  I can barely make it from the couch to the bathroom without getting out of breath.  Heck to the no, you ain't getting me on a treadmill.  I have even successfully mastered the waddle.  I try so hard to walk normal, but when I have that massive pain that feels like there is a crank trying to pry my groin area open, its a little hard not to. I can start to feel the pressure of him constantly now, and he's not even 2 pounds.  I don't know what I'm going to do when he weighs more!


Last night I actually saw my stomach move when he did for the first time.  It was just a punch, but it was so weird seeing my stomach move as he did.  I have seen my stomach move so much since, and he has even punched a few times as I'm laying here.  I try to get Erik to come and watch, but everytime he tries to see it Jude decides he wants to take a break.  He's such a jokester, playing tricks on his dad just because he knows he's watching. 


My camera wasn't charged, so we had to take this picture on my phone.  Sorry for the fuzziness.  I feel like I look in the mirror and my stomach sticks out so much more, and then I see a picture and it doesn't look as big as it does in my head.  Nevertheless, I still think I look pretty big for only 26 weeks, but that's just me.



P.S.-Dear Jude,

I already love you so much and can't wait to meet you.  But, I would really appreciate it if you would stick your foot somewhere else besides in my ribs at 2 o'clock in the morning.  It would help me sleep, and probably make your day better too.  Plus, dad won't be so upset with us in the morning for tossing and turning all night.  Only 3 more months left and we get to see you. I started working on your bedroom this week and I think you're going to like it.  Dad has bought you a lot of cute clothes already, and he has them set up in your dresser ready for you to wear.  I think he's most excited to meet you, but he's a little nervous you won't like him (don't tell him I told you that).  Of course you and I know that you love me best, but you can pretend that you love him more.  It will be our little secret.  I love you so much my little Jude Man and I can't wait until Heavenly Father is ready to let you come and be mine. 

Love,
Mom

No comments: