Wednesday, September 29, 2010

25 weeks

Today marks 25 weeks, its crazy how fast time is going! I don't have a picture to post today because the hard drive for Erik's computer crashed today (sad day), so I'll post it tomorrow.  This week he is a little over and pound and a half, and he is the size of a rutabaga.  What is a rutabaga you ask? I'm not sure you'll have to google it, but it looks like a potato-onion thing.  I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and she said that everything looked perfect! It is so great to hear those words come out of your doctor's mouth.  I was also super suprised when she told me I had only gained 15 pounds.  Excuse me what? She laughed a little bit and told me not to worry and that it was all baby weight.  Oh no, I'm not worried about gaining weight at all.  I was more shocked that I had only gained that much, because I eat like a cow! I'm basically the family garbage disposal! For instance, today alone I ate:
-4 pieces of toast-
-an entire sleeve of oreo's-
-3 pieces of pizza-
-about 15 strawberries (give or take a few)-
-about 2 potatoes-
-a salad-
-3 rolls-
-and about a gallon or so of water-
........................I think her scale was broken. 
But tomorrow I go in for another ultra sound, we're so excited! At my last ultra sound they told me that my placenta was looking lower than what it normally should be, which could result in placenta previa.  Normally I wouldn't have another ultra sound this soon, but they need to watch it to make sure it starts moving its way up.  When talking to my doctor she told me it was a 99.9% chance that I didn't have placenta previa because this is my first pregnancy and my placenta wasn't too low, but they always order the ultra sound to make sure.  So that means we get to see Jude again! He has been kicking more than usual, which I LOVE :).  He is starting to turn himself upside down now, so right now he is sideways (or so the doctor said).  About a week or so ago as he was trying to turn around, I got a nice punch in the groin.   I know Jude was just trying to make room for his growing body, but it caused me to not be able to walk straight! Erik had to help me out of the car and practically carry me inside.  Once I laid on the bed he sat next to me and brushed my hair and rubbed my back until I fell asleep because I was in so much pain.  When I asked the doctor what that pain could have been she just said that he is running out of space and he's not used to it, so he was trying to make room.  Meaning I got a nice left hook to the crotch, and a sleepless night.  But I'll do anything for my Baby Jude!


No comments: