Friday, July 31, 2009

My Mustache Man!

Erik and I agree on alot of things:
1. Never putting our kids on leashes.
2. Vans shoes are bomb.
3. The beach can cure anything.
Just to name a few.
There are also alot of things we don't agree on, and right now our hottest topic of disagreeance is:
Mustaches.


You see, Erik seems to think that they are "in". And if they're not in he says he will bring them back in. Personally I'm not a fan. I'm not really a fan of facial hair at all, but every once in a while if he wants to grow a little scruff I am ok with that. But I am not ok with the mustache. The thing is, I don't exactly make him shave his mustache or facial hair unless it gets too out of hand. I strongly suggest it about 20 times a day, but I don't make him. The way I look at it, he doesn't tell me how to do my hair or what to wear. I need to let him be his own person. Some people ask me (mainly my mother, but there have been a few other curious people), "Why don't you just make him shave it?" This has been a great question between the two of us. Why do wives make their husbands shave, and why should husbands have listen to their wives?

Well blog readers, that is the question I want to ask you.
Do you make your husband shave his facial hair, or cut his hair if you're not a fan of the way it looks?


I want to know everyone's opinion, so please comment!
Even if you're not married I want to know your thoughts on mustaches, this is open to everyone!
What do you think?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

he's a man and they need to do their own thing! mustaches are UGLY. but boys will be boys.

Anonymous said...

You know I have thought that question many times.

I hate the word MAKE. It sounds abusive to me. Unless you chain him to a chair and shave it off, you cant MAKE him shave his mustache. And what kind of wife would do that?

So what are you supposed to do when they do something like that and you don't like it? Suggest, compromise, sacrifice.

"You can have your mustache if I can put ragu sauce on the pizza." (My hubby hates red sauce esp. ragu, and I think it takes too much time to make my own sauce.)
OR
"I wouldn't mind your mustache so much if you kept it a little more trimmed."
Sometimes you just have to let him know why you don't like it, and once he understands, he'll change his mind.

:)

Stephanie Perkins said...

I dont know you but im your secret blog stalker. I love reading your blog and I had to comment on this. I am soon to be married this year and I was talking to my boyfriend about this and how he feels that if it were me I would tell him how I feel but if he decided to keep it that I would support him. And in a sense its the same way for us girls if they dont like something let us know but support us anyway

Erica Ann said...

I'm with you Amber! Especially since YOUR husband dragged MINE into this little stache growing thing! I can't stand it! But...I feel bad telling him he HAS to shave it. I've been mean enough this summer in my prego moods...

Anonymous said...

Mustaches... so hot right now.

Jim and Monica McDowell said...

Well,Jim's job being what it is that is the only acceptable facial hair to be worn at work. But a long time ago I told he had a choice - if he chooses not to shave his face, I have to right to choose not to shave my legs. Needless to say, there is no longer any more discussion on the matter.

Zach said...

only creepers have mustaches!
gross!

Elizabeth Marie said...

I agree with Dani! Hahah and the mustache is sick. In the bad way

Britney {Jesses Girl} said...

mustaches = nasty

about "making" your husband do something. I don't think it's a good idea. Like you said, they don't "make" us cut our hair a certain way so we shouldn't "make" them shave. But if you don't like it...tell him and ask him to shave it off. If he doesn't, respect that decision. If he does, yay!

Amy Springen said...

ERIK....shave it and shave it NOW!!! Definitely NOT YOU!! Could you wait about 15 years???
LUVS,
The Springens

{love, mj.} said...

i guess i should have read this post first. good luck! so not my fav...

Momma Karin said...

Sorry I sent the You've Been Chucked photo... I'm sure that's what started this all... :-(