Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Nerd Fest

Last night Erik and I went and saw the midnight showing of Harry Potter! We jumped into the world of "lets go to the movie theater hours before it starts just so we can get a good seat". It actually really paid off. We played cards with friends while waiting in line, and Erik and Jesse bought beach balls to toss around the theater (ya I know, my husband is that guy at the movies--but I love it). We decided to embrace our inner witch and wizard. Erik couldn't help but to wear his Gryffindor tie, and I drew a lightning bolt on his forehead (And he's such a fan he's never even read a Harry Potter book!). Thank goodness no one dressed up like Voldemort this time, I think that gave people quite a scare when they saw him walking out of the bathroom. There were people running around everywhere screaming "HE'S BACK!" But we did see this cool wizard:

And this adorable Hagrid:


In my opinion: best Harry Potter movie yet. It did a really good job at explaining all of the hard stuff in the book, and it was just really good. And I secretely have a crush on Ron Weasley and have since movie one. Something about the red hair and freckles just really does it for me, but don't tell Erik.

1 comment:

Heather Larson said...

Amber, this post makes me happy. i went to the midnight showing too and actually enjoyed waiting in line and seeing everyone dress up! But i agree, best movie yet.