Monday, July 20, 2009

The "Spot"

You know when you eat something really good and you walk away thinking "Man that hit the spot", and how it is one of the greatest feelings? That spot that is in the pit of your stomach and it feels really really good after it has been hit?  Well that is what our entire weekend consisted of.  Everything we did, and not just the food we ate, we walked away thinking of the wonderful spot that had just been vacated.

One of Erik's good friends from high school got married on Saturday, so we decided to surprise him and go to the wedding.  We spent the day before at the beach and had a blast.  In the end we may have gotten a little too much sun, (I actually got sick from it.  Weird I know, I'm an AZ girl and I got sick from the sun.  Pathetic.) but it was still so much fun.

Now I didn't want this to be a mass post of pics, but I personally hate it when people go out of town and they only post one picture.  I'm always dying for more pictures, I want to know where they went and what they did.  That is probably why my picture is in the dictionary next to "blog stalker".  Anyways, here is some fun stuff we did.


(Erik took this pic while riding his bike down the hill, I was impressed)

One of our favorite things to do is rent bikes at Newport Beach and then ride them over to Huntington Beach.  Its a great scenic route, and you get your exercise!

Erik and his dad Mark.  He was there on business so we met up with him and spent the weekend hanging out together.  He was so nice to drive us everywhere and do whatever we wanted.  Thanks Mark!  (P.S...he also paid.  He's the best!)

Perry's Pizza in Newport is the best pizza you will ever have in your life, no joke.

On the Huntington Beach pier.  They were having the World Surfing Competition the next day so it was crazy!

We were able to meet up with one of Erik's mission companions John Skaggs.  Probably one of the top 5 funniest people you'll ever meet.  (John if you read this I'm being totally serious!)

And of course, the Balboa Bar.  Heaven on a stick.  Trust me.

This is the place where Jordan and Athena were married.  It was so beautiful, overlooking the beach.

Jordan had no idea we were coming so he was really surprised!  They look so great together, and the reception was so much fun. Erik and I know how to get down on the dance floor at receptions.  Lets just say it was a PAR-TAY.



I hope your weekend was as good as ours!

2 comments:

sydney said...

Hey me and kyle were in cali that same weekend!I saw all that craziness at huntington and it was nuts!

John said...

I feel honored to be in your blog. I love your blog. Keep posting the link on facebook as your status. It reminds me to be updated... It was a fun weekend....