Tuesday, September 28, 2010

my life is summed up in this picture



I hate putting gas in my car.  It hits my "top 5 list of things I hate to do most".  I always hope that if I let it get down low enough, and then let Erik borrow the car he will notice that bright shining light and so graciously fill it up for me.  I know that he cleans his windshields almost every time he puts gas in his truck because he hates looking out a dirty window, and because I never clean mine I know he would clean them for me, so that would be a bonus.  I don't know why I go so long without filling it up.  Something about the stopping and having to get out of the car, and then putting my hand on the nasty gas pump, and then standing there and waiting.  I just don't like it.  Once I get in the car I don't want to have to get out until I've reached my destination, and getting gas ruins that.  I left work today and I had 13 miles to go until it was empty, and I seriously considered trying to make it home without filling it up.  But when I went barely a mile and it said I only had 7 miles to go, I had to pull over and fill up.  Let's hope the next 2 1/2-3 weeks don't go by so fast, or that Erik will just fill it up for me.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

I AGREE COMPLETELY!!! I always ask James to put gas in my car. That and going to the bank are 2 of my least favorite things to do! :)

The Sorensens. said...

go to QT and get a drink! i love Qt gatorade from the founatin - it makes getting gas not soo bad :)