Monday, January 10, 2011

Newborn Pictures

This year as a Christmas present to Erik and I, my sister paid for the wonderful Lang Photographers to come into our home and take pictures of Jude Man. Stacie and Geoff were the photographers who took our maternity pictures, and I was more than excited to say the least.  We had such a fun time, and Mr. Man was wide awake and alert for most of the time.  He usually doesn't like to be in just a diaper, so I had a bottle ready and made, his pacifier, and an outfit ready to put on him just in case he just wasn't having it.  But when they starting taking his picture he turned on his camera face and did so good!  Thank you so much Erica, Stacie and Geoff!












Jude has been so great.  I have absolutely loved every part of being a mom. Maybe not the, wake up every two hours in the middle of the night to feed you part, but that just gives me extra time to love and smooch on him.  Him having Down syndrome hasn't put a damper on him being here at all.  If anything, we love it even more.  It could just be because I am his mom and I look past it, but I don't see much of the Down syndrome in him at all.  We had the owner of Sharing Down Syndrome Arizona at our house this past week, and she put it into perfect words exactly how I was feeling.  When he was born and they told us he had Down syndrome, and even to this day, my thoughts have been "Why me?".  But I don't say that in a way of "Why did I have to get this child?" I say that meaning "Why did this child have to get me?".  I must say I have never felt a greater sense of inadequacy in my life before.  Of course I have all of the normal doubts and fears with having a child, especially him being our first.  It is such a great comfort to know that I don't have to worry about where he ends up after this life.  I know that usually it is the parents responsibility to try and get their children back to Heavenly Father, but in our case Jude will be doing all he can to get Erik and I back.  I could not feel more blessed after this thought.  I know we will have a rough life ahead of us, but I just look at my Jude Man and could not be more excited.  I know I have been rambling, so I will end this post with one more adorable picture of Jude!

4 comments:

Esther Grubbs said...

So precious Amber. I love the one of just you and him laying down.

Kimber said...

love the pictures! they're adorable! and you can share more whenever you want :) and my mom always does balloons for sharing down syndrome AZ! she says it's an absolute amazing organization!7

Anonymous said...

Read this blog its so great!
http://www.kellehampton.com/

Dana Woodbury said...

Amber, you are going to be the most amazing mother, I know it! And Jude is such a sweet little guy. I wish I could see him more often! Give him some extra lovin' for me :)