Wednesday, June 3, 2009

5 Months

Yesterday Erik and I celebrated our 5 month mark--Hooray! Our celebrations consisted of me buying Mountain Dew that was on sale for one dollar at
Wal- Mart and we partied all night long. Actually we just spent the night doing homework, but we still had our Mountain Dew!

Well to show how much my husband loves me
this is a conversation we had yesterday:

Amber: Chach we've been married 5 months!
I hope you've been able to deal with me because
there is no turning back, you're stuck with me.

Erik: Dang I know. We're past the point of annulment.
I really am stuck with you.

Amber: Thanks honey, I love you too.


Of course he is kidding, and so I came up with
some reasons why I love being married to him:

1. He is super sarcastic.
Sometimes when we're in public or with other people I have to reassure them that he was not serious in whatever he just said.  Like when we're in line at the grocery store, and I apologize for something silly and he casually says,
"It's ok, I'll beat you later."
Or the fact that besides calling me Chach, his nickname for me
is Stinky. The sad thing is I actually respond.

2. He secretly loves dancing.
Even though he tries to deny it, I know the truth and now all of you know.  The boy dances. Sometimes he'll throw a move or two here and there when we're at a reception or at my parents house, but let me tell you the boy moves in ways I didn't  think was possible.


3. He loves bike riding.
This is a duh but I love that he loves riding bikes. What I love most is that he won't wear his backpack on his back when going to school because it will "wrinkle his shirt" so he puts my basket on his bike. Whenever he's in a hurry he will just take my bike, which could possible make him look gay. I don't think the bell that says "I love my bike" helps his situation either.

Beach_Cruiser_Bike.jpg



4. He knows the Gospel/Church History/Scriptures so well.
His mission did him good because he knows so much. I sometimes have the most random question that I'm not even sure has an answer to, and he'll give me an answer with 3 scriptures to support it. He also knows church history and the apostasy so well. Someday I'll know the scriptures as well as he does. He also secretly says his morning prayers every day. I didn't know he did this until I tried waking him up after I thought he fell back asleep on his knees.

5. He lets me listen to whatever I want in the car.
Usually this consists of Taylor Swift, Kelly Clarkson and  whatever other girly songs I want, but he enjoys watching me dance. He'll even dance along too. I won't tell you that he knows the words to most of the songs.




6. He keeps my iPod up to date.
Lets just face it. I am musically challenged. Thank goodness one of his passions is music. He knows so many good bands and he is always making sure I have the latest and greatest on my iPod. Thanks to him I am
more connected with the music world now.

7. He's into fashion?
Yep that's right.  He loves to go shopping and loves clothes. I have never seen a bigger tie collection in my entire life. He is very aware that shoes and belt always need to match, and he even has white shoes to match his white belt. He also likes helping me pick out shoes. The brighter the color the better.


585-2.jpg



8. He watches all of my shows with me.
Not only does he watch them with me, he gets into them.  From The Bachelorette,
So You Think You Can Dance, Here Come the Newlyweds, to Grey's Anatomy he is all into that stuff. Don't let him fool you, he eats it up.

thumb_so-you-think-you-can-dance2.jpg



9. He enjoys analyzing the love lives of my friends.
What?? Ya I know, you're probably wondering by now if he likes rainbows and butterflies too, but its true. Sometimes I won't even bring it up, and he'll just
want to talk about when they're going to take it to the next level, or if they should be dating someone else.


10. He loves kids.
Sometimes during sacrament meeting I have to remind him that we are in church because he is just as wound up as the kid in the bench in front of us that he  was just playing with. He is always talking about how he wants our kids in vans, our boys in argyle sweaters and our girls in polka dot dresses and bows in their hair.

41wUN94LjyL._AA280_.jpg





And of course there are a million more reasons why I love this boy! This post was way longer than what I had intended it to be when I started so if you made it this far you are a true fan and I appreciate your dedication to our blog.

Yay for 5 months, I can't wait for the next 70 years!


7 comments:

Britney {Jesses Girl} said...

oh my goodness. such a cute and sweet blog post. i love it. you guys are adorable!

:)

Kimber said...

bahaha never knew this was the kind of guy you married :)

love you girl!

Amy Springen said...

I must be a big fan cause I finished!! I knew all about the fashion aspect from when he was a missionary and his tie fettish...so funny. Love that he loves to go shopping with you...most men don't and when they have to go they ruin the whole shopping experience that us women enjoy!! Tell him he needs to come play with my kids. They love him! Congrats on the milestone...many more to come!!!

Amber said...

Ya, according to this blog, Im a raging sarcastic homosexual that beats my wife. But at least I enjoy me some ties. and reading/writing before work at 4 am...
But it's cool because I love Amber.

Vanessa and Kevin said...

Amber! I haven't seen you in forever! Congratulations on getting married!

Barry and Karissa said...

I love you both. You guys are amazing. The next 70 years will be wonderful. Of course I will be some of the memories.

Elena said...

Another tie-aholic? I thought Elder Petersen & Kemp had bought up all the ties. It figures. They are great missionaries too. Loved your post. Now I'm going to see if my hubby is still awake & tell him how great he still is. : )