Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Camping

This past weekend The Husband and I went on a camping trip with my mom's side of the fam. What may surprise alot of people is that we both love camping! We went to Forest Lakes for the weekend and had more fun than we thought we would.
Although Erica was sick the whole time, her and Albert still came and attempted to make the best of the weekend. She ended up in the Emergency Room for the second time in 3 days, but she left feeling better. Who knew morning sickness would be so bad?





My cousins Jordan and Kaylin are seriously hilarious. You don't even have to talk to them, you will laugh just by watching them.







This little beauty is Cecily. The 8 year old girl is one of my greatest friends because she is so loving. I look up to her so much, so I definitely loved hanging out with her all weekend. I know you can't see her face but I promise she is a gem.



After Cameron (left) had continuously beat a rock with a stick for about twenty minutes trying to start a fire my dad finally stepped in and decided to teach him the proper way. My dad had taught him all about what friction was and that oxygen was needed to start a fire. Cameron then felt the stick, jumped up and ran around screaming,
"The stick is hot! We're doing friction!"
over and over, he was so excited. The sad thing: they never actually got the fire started. Thank goodness for lighter fluid and matches.




The Husband shooting a gun. I think he enjoyed it too much, next he'll probably want one. For now we'll just stick with my dad's.




Someday we will get him some man toys because he enjoyed these jumps way too much.



After a few jumps I wouldn't let him do them with me on the back, he was too crazy! I'm sure he got tired of me screaming in his ear everytime we left the ground.
All in all we had a great weekend. Althouh I was still trying to get over strep throat, it was very relaxing and it felt great to get away from the worries that the world can bring.
Hope your weekend was as good as ours!

No comments: